Tuesday 21 May 2013

Dystopian Literature

I know I am ohhhh so late in posting a new blog post so here goes.

I have just recently finished my AS exams which were my Media Studies retake (I was disappointed with a one away from a B grade, but turns out I secured a safe B so that was a mistake), English Literature and my final Drama performance. Now I am as free as a bird - or something.

Being at home, however, for 2 weeks is ever so boring as I have nothing to study or do before the start of my A2 modules. As an avid reader I have decided on getting ahead of my English Literature for next year - Dystopian Literature. The prose texts we will be studying are:

The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter

I'm still not sure about the coursework side of things but there is a section that I am particularly looking forward too in which we get to write about our own dystopian literature. So I decided to look at a few before we actually start the course (excited much?). I downloaded a few free copies of some H.G Wells off IBooks -The Time Machine and War of the Worlds- and a sample of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I'll let you know how it goes.

Another thing I'm looking forward too is to seeing The Great Gatsby after writing my exam on it a week ago and also growing my eternal love for both Baz Luhrmann and Leonardo Dicaprio. So a review of both the movie and the book which I adore will be going up soon.

I'll guess I will see you soon with maybe a vlog?

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment